2022 Season Lifeguard positions available!
Woodmont Recreation Association (WRA) is a small, member-owned/operated pool located in the Woodmont neighborhood of Bon Air in Chesterfield County. The WRA has approximately 200 member families and is focused on creating a fun, family-centric environment.
The WRA is currently hiring lifeguards for the 2022 summer pool season. Lifeguards are responsible for ensuring the safety of everyone at the facility. Lifeguards will report to the Pool Manager and the WRA Board of Directors.
WRA Lifeguards are offered flexible schedules generally working 20-40 hours per week May 28 through September 5, 2022. Successful candidates must be at least 15 years old and available to work days, nights (until 10 pm if older than 16), weekends, and holidays. Time off for vacations, camps, and school will be accommodated. First-year guards are paid $11.00 per hour, hourly rate increases commensurate with experience.
- Ensure the safety of the members and guests at the pool through proper observation and
response/rescue as needed.
- Provide clear corrective direction to anyone not following the pool rules.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the pool, deck, bathrooms, and building through sweeping, emptying trash cans, picking up debris, scrubbing, mopping, skimming, and vacuuming. Sanitize and wipe down countertops, toilets, and baby changing stations. Arrange deck furniture when needed.
- Greet members at the gate and check them into the facility.
- Monitor all systems for proper function (pumphouse, baby pool, building interior, lighting, etc.)Troubleshoot and escalate as needed.
- Ensure that all appropriate water, environmental, health, and safety standards are maintained.
- Provide immediate notice to the Manager and/or Board of Directors on any issue related to safety, member behavior, and member complaints.
- Restock bathrooms
- Open the gates in the morning and prepare the facility for operation.
- Close and lock the gates at night
- If trained, monitor pool pH and chlorine levels. Adjust as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
– At least 15 years of age
– Hold a valid Red Cross lifeguard certification before beginning work
– Effective oral and written communication skills. Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
– Must be able to walk, run, swim, jump, climb stairs, climb ladders, squat, lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds, and reach above the head.
– Ability to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
– Strong customer service orientation preferred.
Interested candidates should email Aaron Lowery at email@example.com to schedule an interview.
Are you a local business or service looking to sponsor our swim team?
Get recognized in our community by appearing on our website and apps!